A Guide to Buying a Mattress Online
Whether you want to skip the showroom or are just looking for the lowest prices, buying a mattress online is often the best path to a great mattress buying experience. It can still be tough to sort through the wealth of information, Education narrow down your options and pick your winner. This guide will show you how.
Make a List
While you don’t need a flawless concept of your “dream mattress,” it helps to know what you’re looking for before you start shopping. Make a list of key traits you know you should be focusing on for the mattress itself and rank them in order of importance. This will be your “ruler” to judge all mattresses against.
This list of questions will get you started:
- What’s your budget?
- What size do you need? Nelson Would you prefer bigger size if the price was right?
- Do you need a specialty size, like twin XL?
- Do you want a mattress with certain features, like one that doesn’t trap excessive heat?
- Do you need certain kinds of support, like deep lumbar or pressure point relief?
- Are eco-friendly or non-toxic materials a priority?
- Does where the mattress is manufactured matter to you?
- Do you want to avoid certain materials, like springs or memory foam?
- Do you absolutely want a warranty?
Know Your Retailers
When you’re looking to buy a mattress online, it’s easy to think that only the mattress matters, not the store. Think again. What kind of store you purchase from can determine more about your buying experience than you’d think.
There are three main types of online mattress stores:
- Massive retailers that sell a wholesale mlb jerseys variety of products, including mattresses: Their prices may seem low, but don’t let the illusion of slashed prices fool you. cheap mlb jerseys Your choices often come down to still-overpriced, big name brands or suspicious, terrible quality products. Counterfeiting is a frequent problem, and it can be impossible to know whether no-name brands are truly safe. These mega retailers rarely offer in-home trials or good warranties.
- Mattress-only websites that sell many different mattress brands, but only sell mattresses: They’re more likely to offer in-home trials and plenty of choices, but be prepared for big brand gimmicks and astronomical price tags.
- Brand-specific mattress sites that are the storefront for a single manufacturer and their line of products: Loaded with detailed information about their products, many offer a better buying experience. Just choose wisely. Some offer a well-designed product at an excellent price. Others can be gimmicky with bloated prices.
You may notice that some websites are online-only while others are online versions of brick-and-mortar retailers. Brick-and-mortar retailers offer trusted names. Critique Reputable online-only retailers will usually have lower prices, free shipping and more details about their products available.
Be wary of any brick-and-mortar store offering a cutthroat price as an online-only deal. Some of these sites have the started allowing third party vendors to sell on their storefronts, and you can’t be certain if what you’re receiving is safe and genuine. Keep an eye out for small print saying “sold by” on the item’s page.
What to Look For
It’s often true that choosing a store that supports its customers will increase the likelihood you’re buying a quality product. No matter what your needs, some things are universal when you’re buying a mattress online.
Some online mattress buying musts include:
- Clear Details: You should never find yourself asking, “What on Earth does that mean? Wait, where does it say how many layers there are again?” You should understand what’s in the mattress and why it’s there without having to wade through cryptic wording.
- Reasonable Prices: No typical mattress should cost more than a high-end computer.
- Long In-Home Trials: You can’t know if a mattress is going to work for you until you try it, and it can take your body some time to adjust. An in-home trial of at least 60 days should be offered.
- Warranties: A good mattress should last you at least a decade. Mattresses should come with a minimum 7-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects, and the website you’re purchasing from should list details of the warranty right on the site.
- Free Shipping: Shipping should be complementary on big ticket goods. Look for free shipping within the contiguous 48 cheap nba jerseys states.
Supporting Better Businesses
Shopping for a mattress online gives you the unique opportunity to find businesses that support charities, network in their local communities and offer programs like scholarships that you may not be able Truth to find otherwise. You can sleep even better knowing that your good sleep is doing a little good for the world, too.